Wednesday 4 July 2012

Grass Verges Newton Road

I have made quite a few complaints about the grass verges on Newton Road outside the new Houses.

Curo (Somer) have replied telling me that they have been and will continue to communicate with residents living in Newton Road that they should not be using the grass verge for parking purposes.

They also tell me that they are also enforcing this where they are able to.

A long term sustainable solution has to be found and I am pleased that they have told me that they will be working with colleagues in the Council’s Highways team to  find a more permanent solution to this particular issue.

In the meantime, they have arranged for remedial work to be undertaken to the damaged areas to bring them back to a more presentable position.


I would like to thank them for their attention to this matter that will hopefully bring about a solution.



By Cllr Tim Ball