Sunday 27 October 2013

Working with Our Local Police Redland Park visit

It was a pleasure yesterday to be out in Twerton with Local beat Manager PC Adrian Secker and PCSO Nigel Penny working to resolve issues affecting local residents.

I know that some of you may say seeing me Pictured oposite flanked by Nigel left and Adge to the right that they have caught up with him at last but that is far from the case.

Whilst up in Redland Park we met many locals who came out for a chat and to tell us about issues of concern.

One good thing that I learnt is that the motorcycle problems that we had in last year are a thing of the past.

The issue of the poor resurfacing was raised by several local residents pictured with myself and Nigel Penny.

I have now seen first had the problems that have been caused by the road humps with the poor finishing of the road surface.

I have now written to the Cabinet member of Highways asking for an investigation on why this has been left in such a poor state, and asking for the the contractors to come back and finish the Job.

I have also raised the issue of whether the contractor has actually resurfaced the correct area as the part of Redland Park that has been surfaced is not the area that I expected to see done.

The area leading to Redland Park behind Day Crescent is particularly bad and I was expecting to see this done instead.

I am hoping to carry out regular trips out into Twerton over the coming months with the Police taking with local residents.

by Councillor Tim Ball