Tim and Sarah are pleased to confirm the outcome of the recent independent Inspector's decision over the Planning Application for the land on The Hollow is as follows:
Site Visit made on 10 February 2021
by Nick Davies BSc Hons BTP MRTPI
an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State
Decision date: 03 March 2021
Appeal Ref: APP/F0114/W/20/3248964
Land Between City Farm and Cotswold View, The Hollow, Southdown, Bath BA2 1JN
• The appeal is made under section 78 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 against a refusal to grant planning permission.
• The appeal is made by Mr Nick Warfield (Freemantle Capital Partners (Hollow) Ltd) against the decision of Bath and North East Somerset Council.
• The application Ref 19/00786/FUL, dated 22 February 2019, was refused by notice dated 20 December 2019.
• The development proposed is erection of 9(no.) dwellings with associated access, parking, drainage and landscaping.
1. The appeal is dismissed.
2. The Council’s decision notice refers to a Soft Landscape Plan numbered 1380-02-P5. The evidence indicates, however, that the drawing considered by the Council when making its decision was numbered 1380-02-P4, so that is the drawing that I have also considered.
3. The main issues are:
a) Whether the development would conserve the Outstanding Universal Value of the City of Bath World Heritage Site;
b) The effect of the development on the character and appearance of the surrounding area; and,
c) The effect of the development on the biodiversity value of the Twerton Farm Site of Nature Conservation Interest
Full details of the decision can be found here.