To qualify for help under the WaterSure scheme, you or someone living with you, needs be entitled to receive one of the following:
- council tax benefit
- housing benefit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit (except families in receipt of the family element only)
- Pension Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- be responsible for three or more children under the age of 19 and in full-time education living in the property, or
- have (or someone living in the property must have) a medical condition which requires significant additional use of water. Examples of medical conditions include weeping skin diseases (such as psoriasis), Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
You will not qualify for WaterSure if you use a garden sprinkler system or have a swimming pool.
If you think you are eligible for WaterSure, you will need to apply through your water company.
More information on benefits, including those listed above is available from Directgov.
Thanks to Lib Dem Councillor Steve Beasant for this information.