Saturday 25 May 2019

Walwyn Close - Bin store issues

I had a busy day out around Twerton today, however, I am really disappointed that the overflowing bins at Walwyn Close that I reported yesterday are even worse today!

State of bins at Walwyn Close on Friday 24/05/2019

I did ask that these were sorted yesterday, however, someone has decided they would dump a whole load of bedroom furniture by the bins and expect someone else to get rid of them.

State of bins at Walwyn Close 25/05/2019

Whilst household waste is meant to be collected, furniture is not and this is classed as flytipping.  I have asked both the Council and Curo to investigate this and find a solution that will prevent this from continuously occurring.  It is not fair on the majority of the residents in this area that they have to leave their properties to be presented with this view.

Working together we can make Twerton an amazing place, however, this type of behaviour has to be stopped.